Saturday, June 19, 2010

Waiting

Waiting is hard.
I don't feel like I have some wonderful insightful thing to share. But these are the lessons I've been immersed in learning for the past year and a half.


I am not in control of my life. God is in control.
I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.  Job 42:2

I know what seems best to me, but God knows better.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death. Proverbs 16:25 

I can trust God is good no matter the circumstances of my life. He will not withhold good from me.
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11 


Everyone is waiting for something. I'm not alone in my waiting, though it often feels like it. Even Jesus is waiting. His plans are perfect, and my submission to His plan will lead to my best possible good.

He truly does care about every aspect of my life.
But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke him and said to him, "Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?" And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!" And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. He said to them, "Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?" Mark 4:38-40

Denying that God cares about my pain and grief in waiting is blatant unbelief. Of course He cares. That's who He is. He is infinitely large, but also infinitely small. He cares about every thing that happens to me, every desire of my heart. And I can trust Him with my heart, for He is infinitely trustworthy. He is worthy of my trust, and I endeavor to give Him all that He deserves.

No comments: